Thursday, December 25, 2008

Rising


In the corner of my mind, where thoughts gather like dust for collection into words hap-hazard.
In the recessed apses of time where what I see and what I hear echo back the parameters of some presumed reality.
In the tastes and smells that warp that time and cause memory to haunt the heart with other days.
In the touch of hand that whispers beyond the boundaries of words and holds the seeds of tomorrow.
In the shaking branch which threatens to dislodge this animal from the tree.

There do I exist in the light of day's dawning
There do you see the light that chinks below door creak
some seeking sun some soundings taken
Warms the face upward turning
Heals the day and surrounds you in arms of giving

Happy Solstice

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words, Pisces. This line particularly struck me "cause memory to haunt the heart with other days".

Happy Solstice, Yule, Christmas, or whatever it is you're celebrating - or not celebrating :-)

CherryPie said...

That photograph is amazing and the lyrics are beautiful.

I send you the same wishes as absolute Vanilla.

James Higham said...

There do I exist in the light of day's dawning

A question I ask myself this morning. :)

Thoughtful as always, Pisces.

Sterling "Chip" Camden said...

Brilliantly illuminating.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Amen.
You put some soul in solstice...
what more could any solipsist soliloquist ask for?

Garth said...

Thank you one and all = hope everyone had a good time - I'll be back when the batteries recharge in my attitude adjuster ;)

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License