Friday, September 04, 2009

Violence



Talk to me -
Of a mercurial heart melancholy and much maligned
Ribcage muscled and intricately designed
With filigree fibres intricately connecting
Where searching blades would go dissecting

Talk to me -
In mechanised hums and angular tunes that echo numb
Through anvil hammer cochlea and drum
Pigment paint and carefully coloured dye
Wormhole maze the apple of your eye

Talk to me -
In tangle tongues tied up in cat-gut calligraphy
We will tightened tender ropes knotted to set you free
Pay the boatman pay the finder’s fee
Tell me what your long stares see

9 comments:

the walking man said...

Add a twist or two more to the rope and pull a fingernail out too. I will eventually have had enough and tell you anything you want me to.

Barlinnie said...

Close to the truth. Take it from someone who knows.

Yodood said...

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
Threaten to kill me, I'll tell you your lies.

James Higham said...

We will tightened ...

Was that correct?

Anonymous said...

I want to avert my eyes.

Garth said...

Apologies for the slow response folks: The Iscariots spent the weekend wandering the markets in the capital

Walking Man: I'll let you know how your confessions should read

Jimmy: the truth? Pain will give many versions of the truth.

Yodood: as mentioned abve - no lies we want the TRUTH!

Dimmusacio: no prizes here

James: What was the question again?

Cinnamon: don't look away, you'll miss the trick

Jon said...

what this one reminds me of:


LINK

Harlequin said...

nothing like a good beating to clear the head

Garth said...

Jon: that is spot on - I really enjoyed watching that.

Harlequin: to clear the head of everything that is :)

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License