Monday, July 18, 2011

Trust

[Extracted from the files of Mark Time P.I.]


It is important to know where you stand in relation to others. There are many who define their place in the world by what they perceive as status; specifically the kind of status that can only be bought.
“I don’t know who else I can turn to, Mr. Time” her gaze was directed at the damp patch in the ceiling above my head, as if it were another lens through which she could see me more clearly, “My husband has developed a taste for the wrong kind of people.”
“How do you mean, wrong?”
“I’m not afraid to offend people, Mr Time, if one associates with those who are not on the same step financially, one leaves oneself open to all sorts of moral dilemma.”
“Not least the morality of trust, Mrs Derivative” I said as I mentally added another two zeros to the end of her bill.

4 comments:

Harlequin said...

wow, Mrs. Derivative is quite the babe.
love her name; and the two zeroes... nice touch.

Garth said...

Harlequin: unfortunately my Mark Time bin is empty at the moment - will need to top up with some new thoughts ;)

Confessions of a Temporal Lobe said...

Liz!

Garth said...

'Tiz indeed Liz

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License