Friday, November 24, 2017

All in a Daze Work

[Extracted from the files of Mark Time P.I.]


“They would have you believe, Mr. Time, that the world will be a better place without the likes of Devandra Bernhardt”
She paused for a gasp-inhalation of nicotine, followed by an exhalation that continued even after all smoke had been dispelled from her lungs.
“It is a belief based on an astonishing amount of evidence against you” I said from the other side of the glass; the side with an exit to the free, if seedy, streets of the city.
“Get me out of this place Mr. Time, please.”
It’s not often that my clientele condescend to be polite, and in all honesty, I find it disconcerting when they do.
“I will do what I can Ms Bernhardt” I said, presuming of course, that, given the circumstances of her arrest, and the limits of my influence within the city’s halls of power, she required the sort of assistance that is not available through legal channels.

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License