Friday, July 06, 2018

'38 Rue Utopia ~ Ep.14

I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs
~ Steelers Wheel ‘Stuck in the Middle with You’ 1972

Muse ~ Wangjie Li

Giles’ negotiating technique hasn’t changed much over the years; still starting fires to provoke; still a blunt instrument used with relish.
He wrings his gloved fist, Ellie has removed herself from the body being held in the chair by meathead; her breathing is slow and even, her heartbeat slowed to the minimum requirement.
Giles hasn’t asked her a thing throughout the whole process; hasn’t said a word.
Nikos releases her from his hold and steps back into the gloom as she slowly revives herself, lifts her head to look at Giles.
Giles removes the glove and inspects his fist.
“Now my dear, what exactly is it you want, and what exactly are you offering in payment?”





Steelers Wheel
Stuck in the Middle with You

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License