Friday, December 21, 2018

'38 Rue Utopia ~ Ep.38

I am the milkman of human kindness
I will leave an extra pint
~ Billy Bragg 1983

If You Loved Me ~ Oliver Bonhomme

You don’t need too much to survive. Food, water, shelter. But to stay sane you need more. Feedback. Support. Sex. The rest is just abject boredom. Well it was until last week anyway. What’s interesting is to see just how well things continue running, even with the loss of 4 boys and 3 men; 2 of them alphas; leaving only me to prop up the fort’s manhood.
Alice and the Eva have got the kite up and running without any more hassle that it normally takes to get the fucker up and running just right; the farming chores proceed on autopilot; kitchen duties have been spread to cover the loss of Joe; and it’s still mostly potatoes for dinner folks.
My back is aching from crouching over the gearbox of the windmill looking for and clearing that rogue tooth snag that’s been fucking with the system for a few weeks now – it’s running like a well-oiled machine should now.
Batteries are starting to look a bit healthier, if the wind keeps up we’ll be full in a day or 2.
Eva’s now checking Daniel’s PMS in the warehouse; lass thinks she’s a Samurai; made that outfit from offcuts of the canvas and Teflon printed during the fabrication of the warehouse; sexy in a manga kinda way. She’s come a long way, all that study, even while carrying a hefty workload, does a man’s worth of work; and she’s great with the kids.
When Ellie brought her in from Metal – Jesus, ten years ago? - she was a scrawny teen, scared and ready to fight using everything she had. I once said she was feral in Ellie’s presence, for which I picked up a piece of her sharp end, verbally.
“You want me so show you feral Lee?” she asked at the end of the lecture. It was a tempting offer, but I’ll stick with wild, which is what Ellie normally shows me.
I hope she comes back soon, I miss her. She makes my survival less boring.


Billy Bragg
The Milkman of Human Kindness

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License