Friday, September 06, 2019

'38 Rue Utopia ~ Ep.75

Into the big world
Are your ready to grab the candle
~ Public Image Ltd ‘This is Not a Love Song’ 1983

Embrace ~ Android Jones

Jackson, his name she discovers some minutes later, is waiting outside the building that unapologetically advertises itself as ‘The Inquisition’ as Eva is unceremoniously released from between its creaky double doors.
“And?” he says, no hint of that smile on his lips.
“Um, they said I can go in”
He nods, “Good. Want me to show you the way?”
“If you want to” she graces him with a smile, “I’m Eva”
“Jackson” she finds it fits with his face in the way that names sometimes take a while to do.
“How’d you convince them? Not that it’s any of my business”
“I’ve got nothing to hide; I was born here”
“So, what convinced them that you’re okay to come into Metal?”
“I gave them Gil’s teeth”
“Yeah, okay, now I feel like I know less than I did before I asked”
He grins.
He has beautifully crooked teeth.


Public Image Ltd
This is Not a Love Song

No comments:

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License