Sunday, June 19, 2022

Loop

Luc Kordas

This morning as I washed the few cups and spoons left from last night’s tipsy return home, I looked up as a blue commuter train passed my window on its approach to Central Station, silhouettes of a few passengers in the windows, and I was reminded of travelling by train to Aberdeen on my way to Norway for another 5-week stint in the dry-docked drillship, and gazing into the passing tenement windows I saw a man there at the sink, washing dishes. In one of those moments that can only happen within the drifting mind, I felt the distance between that man and myself and I felt the unknowable-ness of all those lives within that tenement and the fact dawned on me that to those people - invisible to me - I was less than significant; I did not exist.

2 comments:

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Beautiful.
Resonance.

Garth said...

Thanks Jayne happy new year :)

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License