Saturday, July 28, 2007

Astro Boy at Absolute Zero



Hey Hey they don’t prepare you for this; all is forgotten in training manuals, simulators, medical machines and all that burning thrusting firepower; the hissing and the thunder roar.
This silence absolute; this weight of all around unfelt - no wind in the hair since distance has removed all sense of motion.
I turn and turn my umbilical snakes the stars they call my name.
And ever there, immense and... round, the biggest thing I’ve ever seen, her cloudy face in slumber reined in white light clothed the inner out my world my everything.
And as for the mission duties and checklist checks...
...I could let them all go and look at her forever.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - you didn't prepare me for this .... i've read it more than once today .... though yes, Selene is pleasantly shining benevolence upon us now .... she also wrecks havoc in my brain each month .... a fickle mistress is she.

But i also read it a different way ..... and thought of her as your lover. so, pisces and not so pisces ...... lucky you, i think.

great image ...... but i'm lusting for the one below ...... sexy!

Unknown said...

Powerful image and haunting, burning words.

Bookshop

Buy this book on Lulu. Kindle Version
Kindle Version
© Garth Erickson. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Page Ranking Tool
Creative Commons License